skip to Main Content

dcc_03The Beachwood Golf Club was established in 1930 with the original clubhouse located on Fairway Drive in the building that is now known as the Italian Club. The Clubhouse was relocated to its current position in the 1960’s.

The proposal to merge Beachwood Country Club with Durban Country Club was first mooted in the early 1960’s but failed to gain the necessary support from all members. In March 1993, negotiations resumed and this time the merger was successfully approved by members of both Clubs.

The Gary Player Design Group was commissioned with a brief to provide subtle greens planted with Paspalum, the fairways to be in good condition and to be laid out in keeping with the dunes incorporating additional length where possible. Numerous discussions, site meetings and hard work by the contractors, major earthworks on the fourth and fourteenth fairways and 78 bunkers later, the course was handed over.

The Clubhouse also underwent a facelift and an official opening was held on 2nd May 1996.

Back To Top